Understanding topical antimicrobials in wound care
An on-line workshop - can count for up to 2 hours of participatory learning for NMC Revalidation.
1 x 2 hour session
- Dates and times to be confirmed
Virtual on-line using MS-Teams
NHS £40 ex VAT (£48 inc VAT) per person
Private £50 ex VAT (£60 inc VAT) per person
Who should attend?
Practitioners such as Registered Nurses, Allied Health Professionals and Nursing Associates registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and Health Care Assistants.
- Be familiar with the terminology used when talking about wound infection
- Recognise the risks for developing wound infection
- Be familiar with the signs and symptoms of wound infection including biofilms and when investigations are required
- Examine the appropriate use of wound dermal bed swabbing (indications and technique) and tissue sampling
- Recognise when antimicrobial treatment is indicated and on balance the importance of guardianship
- Be familiar with the topical antimicrobial options and their mode of action.
- Recognise the steps required to reduce the risk of wound infection, and sepsis prevention
For any queries about the training sessions please contact The Academy Team on email@example.com
Expression of interest
Please complete the form below: