Contact & Find Accelerate
Call us on 020 3819 6022 or drop us a line at email@example.com
We’re open weekdays – Monday to Friday 09.00 to 17.00.
We’re closed at the weekends. For emergency help, please call your GP or 111 or visit your nearest A&E Department.
Leg ulcer and Lymphedema – treatment center and clinic:
Centre for Excellence & Innovation
Head Office & Centre for Excellence & Innovation
St Joseph’s Hospice
Mare St, Hackney
London E8 4SA
Appointments – staying safe together:
Appointment tend to last around 1 to 1.5 hours, so please ensure you allow enough time. During the pandemic we’d prefer you to come alone to your appointment, but if you do need to bring a friend or family member for support – please ensure it is just one extra person.
Some things to do while you’re in the clinic:
- Social distancing. Distance yourself at least 2 metres away from other people. We have screens to keep you and our team safe.
- Hand washing. Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds with soap and water or use hand sanitiser.
- Personal protective equipment. Wearing gloves is not allowed in the clinic. But we’d encourage you to wear a face covering.
- Are you feeling unwell? If you’ve any signs or symptoms of Coronavirus, you must not enter the clinic area or treatment rooms.
General transport advice:
We will discuss transport with you to find the best solution and make arrangements were appropriate.
By car or taxi
- Taxi’s may set down with the grounds, but there’s no parking available on site. There is however, plenty of on-street parking bays surrounding the hospital area.
On your bike
- There are several bike racks at the hospital for visitors and staff
- Central Line to Bethnal Green, and then by bus (106 – 254) or 15 minutes walk from the Tube Station.
- District Line to Whitechapel and then by bus (254 – 106) from outside the station.
Nearest overland / train station:
The nearest station is London Fields, which provides onward connections to Liverpool Street, Walthamstow, Chingford and beyond.
- The following buses pass the gate (26 – 48 – 55 – 106 – 254)
Healthcare professional enquiries
Professional enquiries containing patient data must be sent by completing the below form. The information is sent directly and securely to an nhs.net account.