What is a video appointment?
A full consultation with a healthcare professional using video technology and covering the same information as in a face to face appointment.
We will take notes during the consultation and you will have the full opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have. All your information is held in the strictest confidence.
Who is offered a video appointment?
Patients with lower limb problems – a wound or lymphoedema (swelling) – as an alternative to attending the clinic in person.
What do I need to do in advance of my appointment?
- Email photographs of your wound or limb to firstname.lastname@example.org at a convenient time as near to the date of your appointment as possible
- When emailing, please include your name, address and date of birth
- Prepare a list of any medication you take
- Collect together any relevant medical information e.g. letter from hospital or GP
What do I need to make my video call?
- A device, such as a smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer with a webcam and speaker (often built in to modern devices)
- A reliable internet connection (wired, WiFi or mobile data). If you can watch a video on your device, you should be able to make a video call
- Access to a web browser – please use the latest version of Chrome, Safari or Edge for the best video calling performance
- A private, well-lit area for your video call where you will not be disturbed
Can I have someone with me?
Yes, we are happy for you to have someone with you to help with the video technology and / or answering questions.
Is it secure / confidential?
Yes! Your healthcare professional will be in a private video room that only authorised people can enter. The video call is NOT recorded.
How much does a video appointment cost?
Just like any NHS medical appointment, the video appointment is FREE.
How much internet data will I use?
The video call doesn’t use data while you are in the waiting room. After you are connected on your video call, it uses a similar amount of data to Skype or FaceTime.
Tip! If you can, connect to a Wi-Fi network to avoid using your mobile data.
How do I attend my video appointment?
When it gets to the date and time of your appointment, click on the pink box below and you will then be able to enter the waiting room.