Live webinar: The power of compression therapy for leg ulcer management
Accelerate are delighted to be involved in this collaborative webinar with EWMA and the Legs Matter Coalition.
About the webinar
Legs Matter and the European Wound Management Association (EWMA) are pleased to invite healthcare professionals to a free of charge 1.5-hour introductory webinar about the recommendations, guidelines and practical circumstances for use of compression therapy in wound management.
The webinar is held in connection with the Compression Therapy Campaign initiated by EWMA in collaboration with the Legs Matter coalition and other wound management societies across Europe.
Alison, our CEO, is honoured to be one of the speakers and said:
I am passionate about spreading the important message that compression therapy is powerful and transformational for both patients and our workforce! I am absolutely delighted to be involved in this fantastic event
Who is it for?
The webinar is for health care professionals with limited specialisation in wound management. The aim is to raise awareness the importance of this critical therapy so that we can increase use across the UK.
Participation in the webinar is free of charge.
Certificate of attendance
EWMA will distribute a EWMA certificate of attendance to all who participated in a minimum of 70% of the webinar.
More information / questions
If you have additional questions about this webinar, please email email@example.com
For more information about the EWMA Compression Therapy Programme and resources, please visit visit ewma.org
19.05-19.15 Introduction: Why the EWMA awareness campaign for compression therapy
19.15-19.30 What we know about compression therapy:
- Evidence for use and impact
- Reasons for non-use and impact
- Legs Matter stories: Experience across the UK
- Podiatry, Diabetic foot
19.30-19.40 What exactly does compression do?
19.40-19.50 Compression dosage is to be understood, not feared
19.50-20.05 Making sense of compression products
20.05-20.15 The EWMA and Legs Matter Campaign materials
20.30 End of webinar
- Alison Hopkins MBE, Chief Executive, Accelerate
- Joanne Casey, Professional Development Lead, Royal College of Podiatry
- Kate Williams, Senior Lecturer, University of Huddersfield & Tissue Viability Nurse, Leeds Community Healthcare Trust
- Dr Leanne Atkin, Lecturer, University of Huddersfield & Vascular Nurse Consultant, Mid Yorks NHS Trust
- Sarah Gardner, Independent Tissue Viability consultant & Chair of Legs Matter