- Accelerate Centre of Excellence & Innovation , London
- £27,500 – £31,000
- Closing date:
- 20th June, 2022
- Working pattern
- Full-time, Part-time
About the role
We’re putting the happy back into healthcare careers with a workplace where you get to do good and feel good. That means ample time to care for patients but also time for you. Where there’s enough challenge to keep things interesting but the best-in-class training and support to make sure you never feel overwhelmed. And where your talent and experience are rewarded with a salary and benefits package that are among the best in the sector.
We don’t just talk about time to care at Accelerate. We make it happen. We build it into work plans so you get the time to really listen to and care for patients – and to see the difference you’re making to their lives. It’s why when we ask people why they choose to work at Accelerate the number one answer is always the impact they have on people’s lives.
Working with Accelerate will provide a significant opportunity for you to develop your nursing career. Accelerate recognises that specialist teams are often not as diverse as community nursing; we want to change this and actively support equity of access. Accelerate is looking for applicants that reflect the community and workforce we serve.
The Nursing Associate Role is new to Accelerate; we want to add to our diverse team to improve outcomes and service delivery for the population we serve. You will move along the salary scale as your skills and practice grow through education and mentorship programme – what an opportunity!
Main duties of the job
You will be a Nursing Associate with a desire to develop and passionate about learning for the benefit of your patient and team. You will have a special interest in people with leg ulcers, wounds and chronic swelling and a keen interest in compression therapy. You recognise the complexity of people’s lives and your desire to support people in managing their condition. Research has shown that happiness at work comes from having the right mix of challenge (how difficult something is) Vs mastery (how skilled you are at something).
It’s this balance that we aim for at Accelerate. You’ll encounter complex challenges that require creativity and skill – whether that’s an individual wound or the system. But crucially, you’ll get the time, training and support you need to find solutions. The result is an exciting workplace where people feel capable, creative, and fulfilled.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team providing wound and lymphoedema services to clients in the community, clinics or our specialist centre.
We’re based in Hackney, London in the Centenary Wing at St Joseph’s Hospice.
Please download and have a look at ‘Careers at Accelerate’ below for more information and the benefits of joining the team.
Please email us on email@example.com if you would like to find out more or to arrange a visit.
Our promise to you
- Negotiated salary that reflects recruitment, retention and professional growth
- The right amount of clinical time to provide safe and effective patient centred care
- The provision of 3 days of protected education days per year
- A 1- 2 year development programme for clinicians wishing to become Specialist Nurses or Therapists: From Novice to Specialist in Lymphoedema
- Leadership development programme
- Future opportunities to be part of national developments and training
- Internal Mentoring programme
- Tailored induction programme
- Quarterly team events to celebrate success!
- Access to flexible working
- Interest free membership loans and travel loans
- Competitive Pension Scheme (Employer contribution of 7%)
- Access to a Health Cash Plan
- Twice yearly fun days!