Wound Care Specialist
Wound Care Specialist
- Accelerate Centre of Excellence & Innovation , London
- Closing date:
- 4th July 2021
About the role
Would you like the opportunity to develop into a Specialist Nurse? By joining Accelerate you can develop your skills and knowledge in specialist and community wound management.
As an experienced community nurse, you may well have managed people with a variety or wounds and leg ulceration. Bringing your experience of this group and the complexities of community management to this role is critical. You will need all your skills of creativity and compassion for this marginalised group of people. You will love to use compression therapy and will be keen to know so much more! You will want to develop and flourish within a team environment.
In Accelerate you really are given time to develop and time to care properly for your patient. This will mean you will have the professional success that you seek as a clinician and to see the change you have brought to the lives of your patients.
Main duties of the job
You will be a nurse who is looking for their next stage of their career. You may not consider yourself a specialist but that does not matter! It is your inherent interest and passion that is important now! Skills can be taught; you will be keen to develop your knowledge for the benefit of your patient and team. You will have a special interest in people with acute and hard to heal wounds and a keen interest in compression therapy. You will recognise the complexity of peoples lives and your desire to support people in managing this.
You will bring a positive can do mentality; being a person who is creative and solution focussed is critical and supports the whole team. You will enjoy teamwork and autonomy to ensure the key deliverables of this exciting role are completed and you develop. Respect and confidentiality will underpin the role alongside integrity and the ability to manage challenging situations. Being proactive and organised with excellent attention to detail is essential
We’re based in Hackney, London so it’s essential that you can easily get here and that you have a driver’s licence to travel further afield.
Please download and have a look at ‘Careers at Accelerate’ below for more information and the benefits of joining the team.
Make your application via NHS Jobs, here is the link.
Our promise to you
- Negotiated salary that reflects recruitment, retention and professional growth
- The right amount of clinical time to provide safe and effective patient centred care
- The provision of 3 days of protected education days per year
- A 1- 2 year development programme for clinicians wishing to become Specialist Nurses or Therapists: From Novice to Specialist in Lymphoedema
- Leadership development programme
- Future opportunities to be part of national developments and training
- Internal Mentoring programme
- Tailored induction programme
- Quarterly team events to celebrate success!
- Access to flexible working
- Interest free membership loans and travel loans
- Competitive Pension Scheme (Employer contribution of 7%)
- Access to a Health Cash Plan
- Twice yearly fun days!
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to find out more or to arrange a visit.